Snorkels are commonly the first accessory ever fitted to a four wheel drive. They assist with deep water crossings and provide hassle free air induction when immersed in dust. Air is cooler and cleaner at roof level than air travelling via the bonnet, which means greater fuel efficiency and less clogging of air filters. These are important factors, particularly when 4WDing on dry, dusty roads.
TJM Airtec snorkels are manufactured at the highest level. All products are made with leading Australian polymer materials that exceed the Australian Standard for UV stabilisation of UV8, with ratings at UV20-UV24. The colour pigmentation process doesn’t cut any corners either, giving you an even, dense and bleed-free product.
Unlike other manufacturers, TJM engineer and design the snorkel individually to suit the natural shape of the vehicle. Although functionality is important, we want you to look good too!
Proudly Australian made and quality assured, you can have confidence that a TJM Airtec snorkel will achieve peak performance each and every time.
EVERY 4WD SHOULD ENJOY THE AIRTEC ADVANTAGE
- Fitting a TJM Airtec snorkel allows air to be drawn from roof level providing a continuous supply of cooler and cleaner air to the engine
- Because the air supply is drawn from roof level, dust is not as thick and plentiful in the engine bay or inner guard. This will help extend the life of the air cleaner element, reducing the wear of vital components
- With the positively sealed TJM Airtec snorkel well above water level, you can expect worry free water crossings
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- The TJM Airtec intake design separates rain or moisture from the airstream before it enters the engine
- Engineered to supply the correct, or better, volume of air to the engine
- Manufactured in Australia from high quality UV-resistant (UV20-UV24) polyethylene for maximum strength and rigidity. All TJM Airtec snorkels incorporate stainless steel hardware
- Utilises Australian plastic materials containing a combination of special additives and strong bonding processes. The result is a product with strong physical properties and tough impact resistance
- Colourfast using a process called colour compounding. The pigment is fused into the molten base resin before the product is even moulded, ensuring an evenly saturated polymer which prevents rubbing off or bleeding
- Designed to be aesthetically pleasing, each Airtec snorkel is designed to flow with the vehicle’s natural styling. They are easily the best looking snorkels on the market
- Simple installation minimising modifications to vehicle’s original components
- Designed exclusively for TJM and supplied through the TJM Australia wide and international sales and service network
HOW A TJM AIRTEC SNORKEL
DISPERSES RAIN WATER
- Rain water droplets entering the air ram of a TJM Airtec snorkel are captured at the back of the inside curved surface, pooled around the base of the air ram and
dispersed through the drain holes
- On the off chance that any minute rain water droplets
find their way into the snorkel body, they will be
atomised at the air filter
- Finally, the last line of defence for water dispersion is the
original water drain in the vehicle’s air cleaner assembly
Note: All Holden Trailblazer models come standard with roof rails. The TJM Airtec Wedgetail air ram is not compatible with this vehicle.
RELEASE DATE: OCTOBER 2016